This Apricot Mustard Glazed Chicken is an easy weeknight meal that satisfies paleo or low carb diets. Crispy chicken is slathered in a sugar-free apricot mustard glaze.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Apricot Chicken Recipe - Low Carb, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten-free
Sometimes I just want a simple dinner. I spend so much of my time in the kitchen that there are nights where elaborate and complicated does eventually start to become unappealing. It is often on those nights that I end up going out or making silly choices that I later regret. Simple is not a bad thing, and sometimes that mantra needs reinforcement.
Apricot Mustard Chicken Thighs was created on one of those nights where I needed a quick and easy dinner. The kind of meal where the oven does all the work, and I’m only required for a few minutes. The glaze is only five ingredients and takes only a minute to whip up. That’s what I call an easy meal.
Apricot Mustard Chicken Recipe Tips & Tricks
If you are eating paleo or watching your sugar intake, it might be advisable to look at the nutritional information on your apricot preserves. I like to use St. Dalfour’s Apricot Preserves. This company only uses fruit juices to sweetened their product, so you won’t have added sugar aside from what is naturally occurring. Great product and minimally sweet. Plus, the preserves are made in France, which just makes me feel fancy.
The key to the crispy skin in this recipe is to follow the baking method provided. If you leave the glaze off until the last 5-10 minutes, you’ll get a good crisp on the top skin. Make sure to actually elevate the chicken on a baking rack. If the thighs sit directly on the sheet pan, it will not be crispy.
Crispy chickens thighs are smothered in a tangy sweet apricot mustard glaze. Paleo and Whole30 friendly recipe.
- 2 lbs skin-on chicken thighs
- olive oil
Apricot Mustard Glaze
- 2 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp stone ground dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking tray with tin foil, place baking rack over top. Lay chicken thighs on baking rack. With skin side up, brush chicken thighs with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip over and repeat. Leave chicken skin-side down and set aside.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients listed in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Put chicken into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Pull out, flip chicken over with tongs to skin side up. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Brush with glaze. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Other Low Carb Chicken Recipes you’ll love
Want more recipes? Join my mailing list or subscribe by RSS to keep up with new posts. You can also find me and my collection on Pinterest.
Noshin' & Num Nums is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.